Yes, quiche again. It is just such an easy make and popular dish. With two little children at home, I took all the shortcuts I could. Frozen shortcrust, frozen spinach, canned mushrooms. I did marinate the feta myself but that was because I was too skint to pay the ridiculous mark up on the garlic and herb feta the supermarket sold.
Spinach and Feta Quiche (9.5 inch pie)
1 packet (375g) frozen shortcrust pastry
3 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 medium onion (minced)
450g Frozen Chopped Spinach
1/2 can of button mushrooms
100g Feta marinated in olive oil, garlic, parsley, oregano
150g Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 Cup Full Cream Milk
Ground Black Peppercorn and Sea Salt
- Defrost pastry. Roll out and rest for 15 min. It will shrink a little. Place into pie pan and bake at 190ºC for 10 min. Set aside.
- Fry garlic and onion in butter until fragrant and onion is glassy. Add in spinach (defrosted and drained) and mushrooms. Season wth pepper and salt. Add in feta and half of the cheddar before turning off the heat. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Season with pepper and salt.
- Preheat oven to 190ºC.
- Scatter some cheddar on pie base. Pour in spinach mixture. Pour egg mixture over and break up spinach mixture a little. Bake at 190ºC for 35 min or until centre is firm.
- 15 min in, scatter remaining cheddar over quiche. Return to oven.
- After removing from oven, leave to rest for 20 min before slicing.